First of all… IT CAN BE DONE
Latham is more volnurable than ever. Even when he was facing Spencer in “The Blue Wave of 2006” He didnt reach out this much to his constiuency. He moved to Ames (The Largest City in his district and of the only county (Story) that he lost in 2006). And I cant check my mailbox without getting a “Latham supports nurses” or “Latham supports Veterans” or something from Stew Iverson. (Yes, I am on the Pubs mailing lists, best to stay a step ahead).
It will take a lot of skill to send him home though. Here is what I believe needs to be done.
1. Stop the Mudslinging- We are 3 days away from the primary, few people reading this blog are going to switch, but they may just hold out a grudge if you push too far.
2. Whoever wins needs to recieve three firm and public endorsements from there other primary challengers immediately. Voice your support for the nominee and encourage your voters to do so also.
We have four great candidates who are working different parts of the state and the demographic, but it will take some swallowing of pride.
3. As the Candidates reach out to the voters, the voters need to reach out to the candidate. I am a VERY VERY staunch William Meyers supporter and have been almost since day one. But I am willing to dedicate my time and networking resources to whoever wins the primary, be it my candidate (which I firmly believe it will be) or ANYONE else.
I certainly hope others feel the same way.
4. We need to garner national attention. This can be done in a number of ways, get with me if you want some ideas.
5. We need to support ALL our legislative candidates. We need all democratic candidates from the whole IA-4 area to get on board, everyone from sheriffs, to county suprivisors, to state reps, to senators (State and Iowa).
We need pictures, we need press releases voicing there endorsment for our congressional candidate, we need to combine our resources, (in a way that will benefit all).
6. We need every county chair to actively organize. We need county captains, we need people to knock on doors, hand out pamphlets outside Wal Mart, Phone bank, Blog warriors, and letters written to every prominent democrat in America from Jimmy Carter to Jo Shmo County Vice chair of Nowhere Alaska, telling them about our candidate and asking for there support. And have people in t-shirts in EVERY Parade 🙂 Absolute grassroots.
There are many more things we need to do, but these are the things that we as volunteers can do and help get done.
And one more thing…It needs to start Wednesday!!!!!!!
Holla if ya hear me 🙂