Seven concise questions for the seven people hoping to lead Iowa Democrats forward. -promoted by desmoinesdem
Thanks for all your comments on my recent post about what we should be looking for in the new IDP Chair. As a continuation of my effort to help vet the candidates, I’m writing this post and asking all the candidates for Chair to submit their answers to questions that will help us determine who the right person is for the job. I’m a neutral observer and have no vote since I’m not on the State Central Committee, but I’m keenly interested in picking a person who has the capacity and skills to lead us forward.
I plan to create a new post here on Bleeding Heartland on Sunday, December 11 with all the responses I receive as of that date. SCC candidates, please send me your responses in a Word Document or an email. My email is: Claire.Celsi@gmail.com. Thanks ~ Claire Celsi
SCC Chair Candidate Questions:
1. Do you have political experience in Iowa Democratic politics? Please succinctly list relevant qualifications.
2. What experience do you have raising money for an organization? What works? What creates problems for fundraising?
3. Tell me about a time when you put in some extra effort to help move a particular project or task forward. How did you do that?
4. Tell me about a time when you had to communicate a change or a difficult message. How did you do it?
5. What skills or qualities are important for dealing effectively with people who disagree with you? Give an example of a time when you handled this type of situation.
6. What is your management philosophy?
7. How would you go about preserving Iowa’s First in the Nation caucuses?