Grassroots activists, mark your calendars: Democracy for America is bringing its Campaign Academy to Des Moines at the end of this month.
I have never attended these trainings, but I have heard many good reports about them. Whatever your level of experience with political volunteering, these sessions will be worth your time and well worth the very reasonable suggested contribution of $60.
Event Date: Feb 28, 2009
Event Time: 9:00 AM CST (10:00 AM EST)
Venue Name: DMACC Urban/Des Moines Campus
Address: 1100 7th Street
City: Des Moines
Zip Code: 50314
Ten reasons to attend the DFA Campaign Academy training in Des Moines this Febuary 28th – March 1st:
1. Learn how to plan and run a winning grassroots campaign
2. Meet and hear from local progressive candidates
3. Learn from trainers with decades of experience
4. Mingle with other local progressive activists at social events
5. Get a copy of our 180 page Grassroots Campaign Training Manual
6. Set goals and make plans to pass progressive legislation
7. Re-connect with old friends from the campaign
8. Help elect progressive mayors, city council members and other municipal offices in 2009
9. Learn to organize your neighborhood or precinct
10. Look for a new job or volunteer opportunity
Click here to see the skills you’ll learn at a DFA Campaign Training!
All we ask is a small contribution of $60 to DFA to help us cover our costs. Don’t worry if you can’t afford it, you can always find someone to sponsor you through our training scholarship fund and we offer reduced tuition rates to those in need.
Space is limited so reserve your seat today!
For more info on our trainers, curriculum, and history visit our training homepage at: www.democracyforamerica.com/training.
If you have questions you can email us at training(at)democracyforamerica.com or call our DFA Training hotline at: 802-651-3200.
Canâ€™t make it to the training that weekend but still want to help? You can contribute to a scholarship fund for this training and help send a local organizer in your place. Click here sponsor another attendee!
We have secured a number of discounted rooms at the Holiday Inn across the street from DMACC. The discounted group rate is available until February 13th.
Holiday Inn Downtown at Mercy Campus
1050 6th Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50314
Phone 515-283-0151 Fax 515-288-1339
Ask for the “Democracy for America” Group Rate of $85 per night.
Please post a comment if you’ve gone through the DFA training before.Continue Reading...