Last week 1000 Friends of Iowa announced the winners of the 2008 Best Development Awards:
* New Residential: Upper Mississippi Valley Redevelopment Company, 1820 East Thirteenth Street, Village of East Davenport Development in Davenport, Iowa
* Renovated Residential: The HEART Program’s Washington Street Project in Dubuque, Iowa
* Renovated Commercial/Civic: M+ Architects, ISU Design West development in Sioux City, Iowa
* New Commercial/Civic: RDG Planning & Design, Marion Arts and Environmental Center at Lowe Park in Marion, Iowa
* Mixed Use: LADCO Development, Village of Ponderosa in West Des Moines, Iowa
* Leadership: City of Iowa City, Iowa City Subdivision Code in Iowa City, Iowa
Click here for more details about the winning projects, including photos. I am active with 1000 Friends of Iowa, but I do not serve on the community that evaluated the Best Development nominees.
1000 Friends of Iowa will officially present the awards on December 16 at 6:30 p.m., at RDG Planning & Design, 301 Grand Avenue, 2nd floor in downtown Des Moines. Please come to that event if you are interested in green building or sustainable design.